Sunday, August 4, 2013

[Toast] Kelly's Toast at our wedding

Text of the toast:  "For those of you familiar with the weird, wacky and often downright silly history that Julia and I share you might have been expecting a toast that was just that.

Julia can breathe a sigh of relief now however as I haven't brought a sock puppet with me, our "album" that we recorded back in our college dorm is at a safe distance back in North Carolina, and I promise to NOT serenade you with what would admittedly be a rousing rendition of "Smoke on the Water."

Julia and I have been friends for 13 years now.  (I find this particularly unbelievable as neither Julia nor I have aged a day since then!)

Though we were both technically adults when we first met it is definitely safe to say that we've done a lot of growing up together.  Through the lessons that we've learned together we've gone from roommates, to best friends, to sisters.

I am truly beyond fortunate to be able to call one in possession of such a beautiful heart and strong spirit, friend. I'm not telling Tom anything he doesn't already know.

I am excited to watch as you two now continue to grow together.  You both have a glow from the inside out and may that glow continue to grow as your life together goes forward.  You've both found hearts that are rare in their beauty and capacity to love.  It couldn't have happened to a better couple.

Congratulations! I love you, best friend.






Heartfelt.  Real.  Truthful.  I give it a 9.5 out of 10, with the only remission I would have added being a forced rendition of "Smoke on the Water" while forcing Julia to sing along.  I am moderately sure she disagrees with me. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment